Solar panel efficiency is something people these days are very curious about. Solar panels are environmentally-friendly and help save your money on electricity bills. There are a lot of people who have already opted for solar products for home, whereas many are willing to switch to solar panels as well.
But how effective solar panels can be and what are the factors that affect your solar panel? Efficiency mainly depends on a few factors like the material used, installation, weather conditions, and more. So here in this blog, we’ll discuss some tips to improve the efficiency of your solar panel.
What is solar efficiency?
Solar efficiency refers to the amount of energy a solar panel produces. Efficiency also refers to the input power versus output power. It can be calculated by measuring how well a solar panel converts the input energy from the sun into output energy. 18% to 20% can be a realistic expectation for residential solar panel efficiency.
Factors that impact solar panel efficiency
Energy production and efficiency can be impacted by the construction of the panel and the surrounding environment of the solar panel system. There are some materials that are better conductors than others. However, poorly installed systems may not be getting the best exposure to sunlight so the efficiency of the panels can go down. To know the best solar panel price in India, reach out to Genus Innovation.
If you want superior energy efficiency, you must install high-quality solar panels. And then you can create the ideal environment for those panels.
- Monocrystalline factor: This is the best type of panel for efficiency since a pure form of silicon is used to develop this panel. This kind of purity lets the electrons move freely and develop more energy.
- Polycrystalline factor: These are a little cheaper panels, made of fragments of silicon. These panels have been around longer and are generally considered the most productive, efficient, polycrystalline panels.
- Thin-film panels: These are the least durable and least efficient models but are easy to install. So these are the panel factors for better solar panel efficiency.
- Weather: Weather can impact the efficiency of the panels. Although cloudy weather doesn’t block their work, heavy rain and a lot of snow can get in the way of how the panel performs.
- Panel orientation: As we have already discussed, proper installation of the panel is the key to efficiency. The orientation of the panel impacts how well the panels can access the sun.
- Shading: Shades either from surrounding buildings, trees, or even roof portions can also impact the amount of sunlight the panels can get, thereby minimizing the efficiency of the panels.
To buy a premium quality solar battery for your home, reach out to Genus Innovation.
Tips to improve the efficiency of your solar panel
If you’ve installed solar panels at your home, you must be wishing that it works the best. Here are a few tips to improve the efficiency of your solar panels.
- Regularly clean the solar panels: Dirty panels can not produce energy efficiently. Dirt, snow, debris, dead leaves, branches, garbage, etc can hamper the productivity of the panels. So it’s important to clean the panels at least once a month.
- Maintain the panel at intervals: Hire professionals at a regular interval to check and repair, if needed, your solar panel to keep it from damage and other such issues, thereby ensuring optimum solar panel efficiency.
- Get the best solar specialists for panel installation: For effective solar panel usage, you need consistent exposure to sunlight. This can be done only if the experts install the panel in the proper place. For a high-functioning system, before installation, your panel expert needs to consider some key factors like shade from a neighbouring home, trees, the shape of your roof, the position of your home, etc. So you need to get an efficient technician to install solar products for home.
- Use LED lights for less energy consumption: LEDs are a good tool for reducing energy consumption and more efficient use of the panels. Unlike other regular bulbs, LED bulbs last longer and consume significantly less energy.
Genus Innovation produces and delivers high-grade Solar Panels for residential & industrial needs. So if you wish to buy solar panels and install them in your home, get in touch with us.